We all use Outlook to manage our emails, and it’s essential to make sure we keep them safe in case something happens to our computer or the server that stores them. Backing up your Outlook emails is a great way to ensure their safety, but many of us don’t know how to do it. In this blog post, we’ll explore the best ways to back up Outlook emails so you can be assured knowing your data is safe and secure. We’ll discuss how to export emails from Outlook, backup attachments, and restore them if needed. So without wasting time, read about backup Outlook Emails to Hard drives.
Need to Backup Emails from Outlook to Hard Drive
If you’ve been using Outlook for a long time, you know how important it is to have a backup of your email data. If something happens to your computer, or if Outlook crashes, you could lose all of your emails. That’s why it’s a good idea to backup your Outlook emails to a hard drive.
- It is best to use your valuables to protect them.
- You can backup Outlook emails by storing them on another drive.
- This reduces the risk of losing emails and other data.
- When your existing drive is full, you can backup your emails locally and delete them from the server.
- Just connect the hard drive to another system and you can access the emails.
Read also: How To Check Archived Emails in Gmail?
Method to Transfer Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
There is more than one method to transfer emails from an Outlook account to a hard drive. Here, we explain all the manual methods and provide you the best solution to backup Outlook mailbox emails to a hard drive.
#1. Import/Export Feature for Migration
- Open MS Outlook application in your system and click on the File
- Tap the Open & Export tab and click Import/Export.
- After that, choose the Export to File option and press the Next
- Then Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next.
- Choose the mailbox folders to export and click Next.
- Click Browse and select your external drive as the destination.
- Finally, click the Finish button to complete the migration.
#2. Download Outlook Emails to Hard Drive as HTML
- Start MS Outlook on your system.
- Open the mailbox items to export.
- Now, click on the File option from the list.
- Select Save As then a wizard opens to specify the destination.
- Define the email name and location, and select HTML as the file type. Finally, click the Save button to download the email as an HTML file.
Also Read:- How to Import PST into Gmail?
#3. Drag and Drop Outlook Emails
MSG is Outlook’s proprietary file format for storing individual emails. When you download emails using drag and drop, the emails are saved as MSG files. One of the easiest solutions is to keep your Outlook emails on your desktop in folders.
- Open your Outlook application and select the emails you want to export.
- Right-click and hold on to that particular email. Move the mail to the desired location.
- Then release the hold. Emails are saved as MSG files.
- Repeat this process for all emails you want to export.
Note: Drag-and-drop technique and saving emails as HTML files means you can only download one email at a time.
The above methods are free but as you see they are quite lengthy and complicated processes. They are time-consuming methods. You must have the technical knowledge to perform the steps of the manual methods. Moreover, this method is not suitable for all users. So, here we provide you with a third-party solution.
Professional Method to Backup Outlook Mailbox Emails to Hard Drive
CloudMigration PST File Converter is the best solution for novice users to back up outlook emails to a hard drive. This is a reliable and fast technique for the users. With this tool, you can easily convert and migrate PST files in any file format or email client. It has a very interactive GUI. You can download this tool with its free trial version.
I hope this article has provided you with all the required information to backup Outlook emails to hard drive. You can save your emails using the Import/Export feature, save emails as HTML or MSG files. The manual approach is suitable for experts or when you want to backup only a few emails. For migrating large mailboxes, we suggest you choose the professional OST converter tool. It makes migrating your Outlook mailbox easy and quick.